Monday, April 20, 2009

WizzKid's latest poem......

The Race.

Nervously I stand behind the block
One whistle, two whistles and I’m on top
For a moment the world seems to freeze
Then the 3rd whistle causes the silence to cease

High over the glass water I soar
For a second it’s still and nothing more
With a minute splash I’m engulfed in
Under the water I stay as straight as a pin

As fast as I can, I race to the end
The crowd goes wild as I writhe and bend
Closer and closer to the wall I come
My legs and my arms start to go numb

The checkered flags rush up to greet me
Victory in my mouth tastes sweetly
I touch the wall and I cant swim on
But I don’t have to because I’VE WON.

.


(I gave him the choice to write a short story or a poem ..... he immediately said he would do a poem...... and within 15 minutes he was complete!)

No comments: